Monday 4 September 2017

Microplastic Findings in UK waters a Success


The last time I posted on here was to talk about the research i was carrying through about microplastics within the UK oceans and i can proudly say it was a success. I have put the results on my linked in page for any interested readers to take a look at (the link will be placed on this blog).

For many students whom read this blog and study at university or school, I hope it does help you as a quick study guide. I will be writing more frequently again as soon the summer is over for you all, i was having a break away from this myself.

As my dissertation showed the microplastics have been found in UK waters i have decided to go on to do further study within the area. I have already looked a micro marine wildlife being affected across the South-East Kent Coast therefore I starting to come more inland to look at urban areas to view where the main sources are coming from and compare management techniques. All of this will be done with the same university i was with in my undergraduate (Canterbury Christ Church University)

If  you do have any question do feel free to get in contact as always! :) and the link below is my research paper, the link will direct you to linked in but go to the Canterbury Christ Church section and click on the Marine Pollution Bulletin.


The Potential effects of Microplastics on Biodiversity across the South East Kent Coastline

I am trying to get public funding with my further study due the equipment and material that have to be used in the effort to try and reduce the amount of plastic/Microplastic that mount up in the oceans. I have set up a go fund me page in the changes of funding. But my Research is driven more from passion, the love of helping the environment thrive and still stand in such a world that is man made now. I know as humans we don't realize are actions are making things bad for animals therefore there are other humans that pick up the pieces.

Save the Oceans Please 

No comments:

Post a Comment